Thursday, June 6, 2013

Punkin is in a better place...



Punkin
June 4, 2009 - June 5, 2013

Punkin is the sweetest little girl you could ever want.  She's a lap dog...as soon as you'd sit down, she'd be on your lap.  She loves chasing a laser light and fetching her ball.  Everyday has been filled with tears watching our baby suffer.  She has such a will to live...it's been hard.

Yesterday, we had to make the hardest decision we've ever had to make...  She had a large mass that was not allowing her to keep food down - it got so bad she wasn't able to keep water down, either.  But her little body would keep going.  Every morning in spite of her pain she'd be excited to go for our walks...she'd be so sick but she wanted to be with us.  In the evening as soon as it was getting dark she would stand waiting for the laser game to begin.

My little Punkin, our hearts are breaking.  We couldn't see you suffer anymore.  We hope you're at peace, running with Sandy and Keasha.  I love you, my little mighty Punkin.  When my day comes...I hope you'll be waiting for me at the rainbow bridge...because I'll be looking for you.


*     *    *

I've had been taking Punkin to the vets regularly.  Sometimes they've had to do tests so we would have to wait around in the waiting room.  On the south side of the wall, there is a collage of photographs of all the different pets they've taken care of over the years.Well, while admiring all the photos, I found this photograph...I believe it's their parents...I know many of you have been with me since I acquired my puppies, Punkin, Peggy Sue, Sugar and Gracie Lou.  Punkin's and Peggy Sue's parents  were pedigree dogs,  the mother was a Jack Russell and the father was a Fox Terrier.   Combining two pedigrees of different breeds produces what is called a hybrid.  Punkin and Peggy Sue are hybrids.  We used to see their parents in their back yard whenever we'd walk them on the back trail in our neighborhood.  It's been a while since we've seen them.  We've had Punkin and Peggy Sue since they were six weeks old and they turned four years old June 4th. It's been over a year that we hadn't seen their parents.I often regretted not photographing their parents.  They were beautiful dogs.  I believe these were their parents.

This is Jack and Lili..
This is Ralph holding Peggy Sue and Punkin when we first got them.
See the resemblance?...to Lili and Jack...

This is Peggy Sue, Punkin....and Sugar all grown up.

 I don't want to jump to the conclusion that they're no longer with us because we haven't seen them in their home's back yard.  But if they're not...I'd like to think they welcomed Punkin if animals have the same experience as humans.  I hope so...I don't want Punkin to be alone.

My little Punkin...you were such a comfort to me and  a great companion, I miss you so, so much.




1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to you.

    This was a very wonderful tribute to precious little Punkin.

    ReplyDelete