Monday, May 23, 2011

Celebrating Friends...

From Mission High School Class of 1970 - Mission, Texas

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!!


Today is Celia's Birthday...

Celia Munoz Badiozzamani
Born May 23, 1952, left us November 21, 2006...





None of us can forget Celia...she left an indelible mark on our hearts.  I get to visit Celia often since she's a stone throw away from my in-laws at Valley Memorial Gardens...her and Jaime Barrera.


Several years ago, Cynthia Garza Weber purchased a plaque with left over monies from donations from classmates for Celia's flowers.


The family did not accept it.
(We respect their wishes but hope someday it will be besides her.)

Celia,
     Girl, I can't believe it's been this long.  I miss you.  It's not the same, Celia...without you.  In the past if I thought about you, I'd pick up the phone and call...you had an easy number...the last four digits ended in S H I T...that's how you taught me to remember it...remember?  Cynthia and I talk about you all the time.  We wanted to share with you that two of our daughters are getting married...on the same day, December 10th.  Cynthia and Tom will be in Austin; we'll be in Kyle...thirteen miles south.  Cynthia's going to have a special table with pictures of all the family members that have gone before, your picture will be among them.   Cynthia says she knows you'll be attending.

We'll be having our 41st class reunion on Friday, June 17th, Celia.  Drop by, won't you.  You'll get to hear the #1 complaint:  "We never thought growing old was going to be like this!"  If you were around, we'd be laughing at that...probably ROFLMAO!!!  (I know you kept telling me you were not computer literate and you left us before Facebook became so big so I hope you can figure out what it stands for.)

Well, you know the state of things in the world, Celia...please pray for us.   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CELIA!  

Love you,

Di





1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to Celia!

    Love the letter you wrote!

    ReplyDelete