Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Celebrating Friends...

Today is Cynthia Garza Weber's birthday.

Cynthia and I have known each other since Kindergarten at Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic School days.  Celia, Cynthia and I...in that basement classroom with Mrs. Lopez.  And unbeknown to me was that when Celia was born at McAllen General Hospital, Cynthia was just down the hall in another room...destined to be best friends with Celia forever.  I love you, Cyn.  Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

                                                               *                         *                    *



Several years ago, while visiting Corpus Christi, Ralph and I met a lovely couple, Peter and Wendy Smith from England.  Yes, just like in Peter Pan.  They were just darling people.  They were traveling through the valley birdwatching.  Their plans were to head to McAllen the following weekend.  Soooo, I invited them to my daughter Samantha's high school graduation party that was set the following weekend.  It was the traditional McHi Kicker Dance.

The following weekend Peter and Wendy arrived and attended our graduation party.  Wendy and Peter couldn't believe their eyes!  They loved it!  No one knows how to celebrate better than Texans!

Over the years we've kept in touch exchanging Christmas cards.  This year we got another visit...Mandy and Wendy (Mandy is Wendy's daughter).  They had already been two weeks on the road visiting Texas sites and photographing our birding bonanzas (I say that because the Valley has one of the largest bird residencies in the U.S.)  The Smiths and Mandy belong to a Bird Club.  They take pictures of all the birds they site, take them back to England, and everyone has a smashing time identifying their trip cache.

Wendy, Ralph and Mandy.

We spotted several birds in our back yard and showed off our beautiful cacti blossoms...unfortunately the ones shown are the few I had photographed.
I don't know the  name but this one has a crown of flowers that bloom perfectly in a ring .



Next time, I'll photograph them when they're all blooming.

It's a small world after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment